Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my grandma

 
my grandma
Posted on December 3, 2010 by bjd1
i loved my grandma. she was a great lady. the best advice i have ever received was when i came out to her, she told me that "you just have to live your life"….. we did not agree on same sex marriage but she did believe in civil unions, gay adoption and gays in the military. things were not always perfect between us. she once hung up on me over the issue of gay marriage. she said hurtful things to me that i can only attribute to her illness (idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis), she died at home on november 24, 2007

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment | Edit

2 comments:

  1. so sorry for your loss....
    wishing you peace-
    siouxeeq

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your grandma! I miss mine a lot, too, and she died in 1985! She was the most incredible woman! She called me "Mi rey," which means my King in Spanish! LOL! As for yours, you have to remember they were from a different generation, and, like you said I'm sure the illness didn't help!

    ReplyDelete